York housebuilder takes the stress out of house buying with Help-to-Buy event
David Wilson Homes Yorkshire East teamed up with financial adviser firm, Gledhills, to host a Help-to-Buy event at The Chocolate Works development in York. Combining their years of expertise as an award-winning housebuilder with Gledhills’ knowledge of mortgages and finance, David Wilson Homes’ Help-to-Buy event offered advice to new and current homeowners across the region.
The event, which took place in July at David Wilson Homes’ flagship development, The Chocolate Works on Campleshon Road brought together industry leading financial advisers to offer tips and advice to attendees, dispelling the myth that Help-to-Buy is only for smaller homes whilst also helping to make the process a lot smoother for all home owners.
Whilst Help-to-Buy schemes are very popular with new homeowners, what many people don’t realise is that the scheme is also extremely beneficial to existing homeowners, with properties ranging up to £600,000.
Studies from a recent survey by Lloyds show that high moving costs, stress, a lack of suitable homes and difficulty securing a mortgage were seen as the leading problems that prevent people from moving into a new home.
- In an attempt to tackle these problems, the Help-to-Buy scheme gives local buyers the opportunity to take advantage of the advice and help on hand.
- David Wilson Homes also discussed other developments that are available in the York area including the award winning Derwenthorpe development and Saxon Gate in Stamford Bridge.
- For more information on the local developments please visit:
- The Chocolate Works: dwh.co.uk/thechocolateworks
- Derwenthorpe: https: dwh.co.uk/derwenthorpe
- Saxon Gate: dwh.co.uk/saxongate
-  Lloyds Banking Group – http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/globalassets/documents/media/press-releases/lloyds-bank/2017/200117-homemovers-final.pdf
Sarah Hanna, Sales Manager at David Wilson Homes Yorkshire East, commented:
“We believe that our stunning new homes in York offer the perfect opportunity for those who are looking to climb the property ladder without the stress. The event was a great opportunity for homeowners to take advantage of our Help-to-Buy expertise – by working closely with Gledhills it meant that we could offer accurate and helpful advice for all situations.
“Our wide range of high quality homes that we have on offer in York showcase the perfect opportunity for people to move up the property ladder without the stress and hassle that can come with it.”